What is a labor union?.
By Cassandra Williams
Week 3 discussion
- What is a labor union? A labor union, in the dictionary, is defined by “an organization of wage earners or salaried employees for mutual aid and protection and for dealing collectively with employers” Does labor union really help a company or employees? A labor union can be beneficial to a company and for its employees.
- A labor union can benefit a company and its employees. It can make a bad company great. There are so many positive things about labor union. Some positive things about a union are, it provides worker protection, unions can also promote higher wages and excellent benefits, unions also protect workers right to work. Some negative things about unions are union dues, some unions can require fees that workers might not want to pay. The second thing that is negative is that unions can cause businesses to increase their prices. Unions also makes it difficult to promote someone who is excellent at whatever they do and terminate those who are terrible at what they do.
- I think my 1st introduction needs a bit more work, however it gets straight to the point. My second introduction is a little bit too long and explains too much at once. I had a hard time figuring out how to even do the introduction, and that is the best that I have. The first introduction I was thinking maybe having the audience think about the topic, and what it means, and how it can be beneficial to them or a business.
Respond to peer main posts with replie of 150 -200 words each by answering each of the following questions.
- What two approaches of introductions were used?
- Which of the introductions is more effective? Why?
- Does the introduction provide enough information about the topic and direction of the essay?
- Is the position the writer is taking clear?
- Is the thesis statement complete, clear, and well-composed?
- What do you like most about the introduction?
- Offer a suggestion to make the introduction stronger.
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.