Value chain analysis. Value chain analysis, developed by Michael Porter, focuses on analyzing the internal activities of a business in an effort to understand costs, locate the activities that add the most value, and differentiate a company from the competition. The overall goal of value chain analysis it to identify the core competence of a company as well as areas and activities that will benefit from change, in order to improve profitability and efficiency. You might have heard of SWOT (strength, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats), and value chain analysis is a tool used to properly identify the strengths and weaknesses of a company. For more information, read The Art of Value Chain Analysis – From Defining Activities to Identifying Areas for Improvement. LINK: https://www.smartsheet.com/art-value-chain-analysis-defining-activities-identifying-areas-improvement
To complete this assignment, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Choose one of the companies from the following options to research its value chain:
- Dell (a manufacturing company)
- McDonald’s (a servicing company)
- Step 2: Download the Operational Strategy and Value Chain Analysis Template, save a copy so you can edit the templates, and follow the directions on the first page to fill out the templates and worksheet requirements and complete the assignment.
- Step 3: Submit your completed assignment.
- To successfully complete this assignment, view the Module 1 Assignment Rubric document.
Note: To complete the Operational Strategic Performance Dimensions you first need to decide on a specific product offering by your company. Use this perspective when completing the template. The industry metric is the way your product, as well as it competitors, is judged based on each specific operational strategic performance dimension. The Firm metric is how your company’s specific product that you are examining specifically competes on this metric and as compared to its rivals. Remember that if the dimensions is an order winner for this product then it is also the answer to the question, “Why would I, as a consumer, buy this product, over it competitors?” See the example below for the Ford Fusion (a specific product offering of Ford
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.