Twentieth Century African-American Artists; Postmodern Architecture.
Twentieth Century African-American Artists; Postmodern Architecture” Please respond to one (1) of the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
Please respond in a primary posting of at least 200 words. In addition, please make a substantive comment of at least 100 words to at least one  of your classmates. Subsequent comments may be shorter.
- Choose two (2) of the following late 20th century African-American artists, and compare and contrast their art: Bearden, Lawrence, Basquiat, or Colescott. Describe specific elements of the works from the chosen artists that represent the multiplicity of the African-American experience. Identify one (1) of these works (or some other by an African American artist) that you would like in your workplace, and explain why.
- Choose one (1) example of architecture that you believe best exemplifies the characteristic post-modern style. Provide a rationale for your selection, and describe two (2) of the features of post-modern style that you find intriguing.
African American Artists of the Twentieth Century
- Chapter 35 (p. 1167) and Chapter 36 (p. 1180) on Jacob Lawrence
- Chapter 39 ( 1285-1286) on Romare Bearden
- Chapter 40 ( 1326-1327) on Jean-Michel Basquiat
- Jacob Lawrence, New York Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) at http://www.moma.org/collection/artist.php?artist_id=3418
- Romare Bearden video, San Francisco’s Museum of Modern Art at http://www.sfmoma.org/explore/multimedia/videos/205
- Chapter 40 (pp. 1312-1321) for examples of post-modern architecture
- Post-modern buildings of renown:
Twentieth Century African-American Artists; Postmodern Architecture
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.