The region for the article selection for this assignment is South or Central America. Not refugees to the U.S.. This assignment is not required, but is offered for those who wish to add to their point totals.
For Assignment 1 the newspaper article you choose must have been published between January 7, 2019 and January 25, 2019.
Newspaper articles and commentaries are often used by historians as primary sources–as evidence for a topic they are writing about. So our newspapers of today will become primary sources for historians in the future. See page 5 of your syllabus for instructions on what is required in these assignments. You are not guaranteed these points if you don’t follow the directions there. See pages 5-6 in your syllabus for directions on how to write these papers and receive all 25 extra credit points.
Be sure to submit your file to BOTH Blackboard and Turnitin in order to get these points.
The region for the article selection for this assignment is South or Central America. Not refugees to the U.S. from there; not U.S. policy toward that region.
Guidelines and Question for 500 word paper
The assignments consist of finding a newspaper article that appears during the time period of the course listed in the assignment, either in a local paper or in an on-line newspaper such as the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Sun Times, Washington Post, Greenwood Commonwealth or any other United States or English language newspaper. This means CNN, yahoo, Fox News, MSNBC, Huffington Post, etc. are not eligible for these assignments. ONLY NEWSPAPERS/NEWSPAPER websites. Each article must have some discussion of, or allusion to, a region of the world designated for that particular assignment—See Assignments Tab as the regions change for each assignment. These are not articles on the U.S., U.S. policy in that region or immigrants from that region to the U.S.
1. These articles must come from newspapers, not websites unconnected to a print paper.
2. Cite the article [Title of the article, author [if given], name of the newspaper, date of publication] AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAPER. Put your name at the top of the paper, as well. No repeat headers allowed in your papers.
3. You are to summarize the article and the point of view of the author.
5. Then indicate whether you agree or disagree with what is presented and whether your textbook sheds any light on the subject—use the index and cite the textbook pages.
6. Comment on how history is “used” by contemporary authors to support their points of view or illustrate subject matters they deal with.
7. Have you learned anything from the article?
8. Finally, and most importantly, what are the specific sources the author(s) cite(s)/uses to support the article?
Each assignment must be turned in to BOTH the assignment board in Blackboard and to Turnitin. No extra credit assignment will be counted if you don’t turn the paper in to BOTH these websites. They must be at least 500 words in length, must address the eight numbered issues above, and must be dated in the designated dating range for the assignment in which you are turning in the paper. The subject matter of the articles should be about the region designated for the assignment. Another object of the assignment, as with other assignments in the course, is to follow specific directions, as you would be asked to do in any job situation.
The point of these assignments is for you to think about how history relates to what is happening now, so think about this issue as you write your essay.
In order to get these points your paper must be at least 500 words, must cover the topics/questions listed above and must have the complete citation of the article at the top of your paper [See no. 2 above] with your name above the citation.
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.