Summarize the constitutional basis for criminal procedure.. Summarize the constitutional basis for criminal procedure.
This week, we learned about the foundations of criminal procedure, some remedies available to criminal defendants, as well as the concepts of probable cause and reasonable suspicion. For your Unit 1 Complete assignment, write a narrative essay (minimum 1200 words) in which you address and discuss the questions and statements listed below. Use at least three scholarly sources and remember to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the READ and ATTEND sections in your essay. Cite your sources in APA format.
- Summarize the constitutional basis for criminal procedure.
- Explain the exclusionary rule and the exceptions to it. Likewise, summarize the fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine and the exceptions to it.
- Explain the defense of qualified immunity.
- What is reasonable suspicion and when is it used?
- Define probable cause and identify several sources of information that a police officer can rely on to make the probable cause determination
- Are the remedies introduced in this Unit sufficient to deter police misconduct? Why or why not? What other remedy, if any, would you propose?
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.