Measures of Crime and Victimization.
Assignment: Measures of Crime and Victimization
Although not all law enforcement agencies participate in the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) database, it was the first of its kind. The UCR began nearly a century ago, but several others have followed, including the National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS), National Crime Information Center (NCIC), and National Criminal Database Background Check, among others. Why so many different databases? Imagine the benefits and challenges of combining and using a single database for all crime reports.
Imagine you are a consultant for the Department of Justice. You have been asked to assess measures of crime and victimization. You will then present your findings to the Department.
Perform research in the Walden Library and on the Internet to find three scholarly resources that focus on measuring crime statistics.
Review these crime databases identified in this module’s Learning Resources:
- Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR)
- National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS)
- National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
Using the, create a 14- to 16- slide (not including title and reference slides) Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that includes audio or utilizes footnotes that:
- Provides an overview of each of the crime databases listed above;
- Compares each system/database;
- Describes the advantages and disadvantages of each database;
- Discusses whether combining databases would improve the understanding of victimization and better inform victimization reduction strategies.
Module Journal: Reflection hi-light in bold
At the end reflect on what you learned in the module. Write 1–2 paragraphs in which you discuss what you found most interesting and explain. Describe how what you learned might inform victimization reduction strategies by using crime databases.
9 (36%) – 10 (40%)
All required content is discussed in the Journal
14 (56%) – 15 (60%)
Reflection is thoughtful, convincing, insightful, and exploratory
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.