How can the organization plan for potential crisis events?. This week, you will be preparing for the next stage of the Four-Stage Framework.
The activities address the second stage of the Four-Stage Framework described in the textbook: Strategic Planning
This area includes:
- How can the organization plan for potential crisis events?
- What planning has been done outside of the organization to prepare for potential crisis events?
Here, you will start analyzing the strategic plan of the company. You will be analyzing the company SWOT analysis, but through the lens of crisis management. This is often missed in most SWOT analyses, which leaves companies vulnerable and more likely to react than plan strategically, whenever they encounter crises (instead of a proactive mode that has plans in place for the various crises).
As you do the SWOT analysis, depending on the business, note that these areas are business and industry specific:
- This week, you will do a SWOT analysis of your chosen company under the lens of crisis management and COVID-19.
- You will list the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats and potential crisis events for each in dealing with COVID-19 (There should be a minimum of three for each one – Be detailed!)*
- You will also ask the company representative if the company has a crisis management team and crisis management plan and what the plan entails (Secondary and tertiary questions will arise along with the flow of the interview and cannot be templated beforehand). If they have a team, ask who is in it, what training they had, how often do they meet? and so forth.
- If they do not have either, then, that is your answer. But you can ask questions about what it does have for its crisis management.
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.