Find two examples of a procedure or medication and compare the differences between what the U.S. charges and what another country charges and why. It is one of the main contributors to the high cost of health care in this country but is rarely talked about or ever seen by the patient. The Chargemaster (CDM) list sets the prices for each procedure and other medical prices. The charges can be so outrageous that patients are having their procedures done outside of the county. Your textbook provided you with a brief introduction to the charge master, also called charge master description or just CDM.
The article “Bitter Pill (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.” is found in the Project Module in the CANVAS course. This is your primary article to critique, but you are to research CDMs and find one other article in order to answer the questions below. The NYTIMES has a series on the high cost of health care which should also be helpful. Questions for the project, items 1-4 below, is a minimum set that you must answer, and you can certainly add others. Each question requires at minimum, a paragraph.
- What is a Chargemaster and what is its purpose?
- How are the charges determined?
- Find two examples of a procedure or medication and compare the differences between what the U.S. charges and what another country charges and why
- Even within the U.S. there are huge differences in cost between procedures. Find two examples of procedures done in the U.S. but have different charges for the exact same procedure. Give a rational for the changes.
Your above information and research will be posted as a discussion, following the guidelines below.
- APA format
- Must use graphs, charts or tables to emphasize concepts
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.