explore the life and music of a specific composer from the 20th or 21st century. .
Goal: The goal of this discussion is to explore the life and music of a specific composer from the 20th or 21st century.
- CO-1: Identify Western music by style and era.
- CO-2: Apply musical terminology, concepts and critical listening skills to a given major composer and style of music.
- CO-3: Analyze the social, political, and cultural influences on Western and non-Western music.
Please complete both parts:
1. Many composers kept diaries during their lives. Choose a composer from the twentieth (or twenty-first) century and an important event from that composer’s life. Consider how this event relates to the music the composer wrote. Write a diary entry related to that event in 1st person voice, as if the composer wrote it (Your choice should not be in the Jazz, pop, rock, rap, or other popular music genres.). Provide a link to a sound file or YouTube video of the composer’s music, to help classmates become more familiar with this individual’s work. In the subject line for your post, include the composer’s name. List any websites or other sources you used to write your post at the bottom of the post.
2. What is your personal reaction/response to this composer and/or the music we have studied so far in class? How does learning about music apply to your life and/or past experiences?
*In your peer replies, ask the “composer” questions as well as furthering the conversation. Be sure to check back and respond to those who ask questions of your composer.
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.