explain the meaning of freedom..
Please answer three out of these eight questions. Please do not answer the topic you discuss in your final paper.
- In light of what we have read this semester explain the meaning of freedom.
- On abortion: Steinbeck bases her defense of the morality of abortion on the “interest view,” and makes a strong argument against the anti-abortionist “potentiality argument.” On the on the other hand, thinking he has overcome the “interest view” and the “potentiality argument,” Don Marquis argues that abortion is immoral. Steinbeck disagrees. Explain the issues involved in the “interest view’ and the “potentiality argument.”
- On the death penalty: In our discussion of the death penalty, Bright emphasized (among other reasons) the failures of the system to argue against death penalty, while Pojman focused on the importance of “retribution” and “deterrence.” Explain the argument you find more persuasive?
- Gun Control: Explain how the notions of right and harm affect the two views of gun control that we have seen this semester.
- Animal rights: Peter Singer and Posner agree that the animal industry should revise their policies regarding animal welfare but they strongly disagree regarding how we should relate to animals in general. Discuss the differences between these two authors regarding the status of animals and animal welfare.
- On terrorism: Explain how the definition of terrorism affects the discussion about the moral status of terrorism.
- On performance enhancing drugs: Explain the role that the idea of freedom plays in the discussion of the morality of PEDs (Performance Enhancing Drugs).
- Prostitution: Ericsson’s interpretation of prostitution is based on the contractarian liberal idea of individualism, equality and free market sexuality to sexual life, but Carole Pateman thinks that he has misunderstood the problem. Why does she say that? Answer the question using the terminology involved in the discussion.
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.