Discuss America’s Cold War policy or strategy aimed at dealing with communism and the Soviet threat. By the early 1950s, the US was a world super-power militarily and economically. The Great Depression was no more. But, two major rival powers were developing, rivals ideologically and militarily: The Cold War between the US and its allies versus the Soviet Union and its allies/clients would be the dominant international issue for the next four decades. Domestically, in the 1950s and the 1960s, the US would begin grappling head-on with major Civil Rights and economic issues, as well as a divisive conflict in Vietnam—and widespread demonstrations and some high profile assassinations.
Choose and discuss (in a full paragraph or two) one of the following two topics related to the period from the late 1940s and through the 1960s.
- Discuss America’s Cold War policy or strategy aimed at dealing with communism and the Soviet threat, and an example of a Cold War conflict or crisis.
- Identify one or two Cold War strategies of the US. Describe a specific example of a conflict or crisis that was part of this Cold War strategy, and compare or contrast this to the international situation today.
- Identify the source(s) where you read about these Cold War issues.
- Discuss the Civil Rights advances and struggles that took place in the 1950s and 1960s along with relevant legal developments.
- Identify two key specific events of the Civil Rights struggle and at least one major piece of legislation or court decision.
- Explain the historical significance of your examples and ways they have impacted our own time.
- Identify the source(s) where you read these Civil Rights issues.
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.