Did America really practice isolation and neutrality during WWI?.
Discussion #6: Did America really practice isolation and neutrality during WWI?
In 1914 Woodrow Wilson proclaimed U.S. neutrality, and asked the American people to remain “impartial in thought as well as deed.” At the end of the war, some members of the government pushed to expand American influence but to also remain free of any commitments, a policy its critics referred to as isolationism.
In order to prepare for this discussion forum:
- Review and identify the relevant sections of Chapter 23 that support your discussion. You might also find some of the content covered in Chapter 21 relevant to this discussion.
- Read Roosevelt’s Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine
- Read Wilson’s Joint Address to Congress leading to the declaration of WWI
- Read the transcript of Wilson’s 14 Points
After you have completed your readings post a response to only ONE of the following questions.
- In your opinion, was U.S. policy in Asia and Latin America between from late nineteenth century to 1914 truly isolationist? Discuss and support your response.
- In your opinion, did America remain neutral in “thought and deed” from 1914 to 1917? Discuss and support your response.
In order to earn the full 100 points (100%) for this assignment, you must:
- Directly and completely answer at least ONE question. Please make sure that you clearly indicate which question you have chosen to discuss. Clearly and accurately explain your answer based on factual information contained in the assigned readings. (80 points)
- Students must respond to at least one fellow student’s posting explaining the reason(s) for their agreement or disagreement, with the arguments that have been presented, in order to get full credit for the discussion. (20 points)
- When posting your response to a fellow student’s comment, please try whenever possible, to select the question that you did not address for your discussion.
- Make sure that all statements are supported with facts from the reading selections.
Reminder: Please make sure to comply with all Netiquette Guidelines listed in the Getting Started module.
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.