DEBATING THE PAST: THE DECISION TO DROP THE ATOMIC BOMB..
iscussion #9: The decision to drop the atomic bomb.
Critics have charged that the United States was morally irresponsible in using the atomic weapons against Japan during World War II. Were the United States’ actions justified?
In order to prepare for this discussion forum:
- Review and identify relevant sections of Chapter 26 to support your discussion.
- Read the essay DEBATING THE PAST: THE DECISION TO DROP THE ATOMIC BOMB.
- In 2005 a group of historians held a mock trial-Hiroshima: Truman on Trial.
After you have completed your readings post your answers to only ONE of the following questions.
- What are the explanations that have been offered in support of dropping the atomic bomb? What is your response to these explanations? Make sure that you provide specific support from your readings.
- What are the arguments that have been presented against using the atomic bomb? What is your response to these arguments? Make sure that you provide specific support from your readings.
- Review the trial and cast your verdict. How do you find President Truman? Guilty or Not Guilty? Discuss why you reached that decision.
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.