Artists throughout the twentieth century to today have been inspired by other performance traditions..
Length: 5-6 full double-spaced and numbered pages with 1 inch margins + Works Cited page
Formatting: Word Doc (or save as pdf if necessary); left-aligned, size 12 New Roman font; no
spaces between paragraphs.
This is a research-based paper, so you need to incorporate quotations and references and cite them in the text. Include a Works Cited page with all references listed, including: your textbook any videos and website consulted, book chapters and articles. The Works Cited page does not count towards the 5-page minimum. Images may be included at the end of the 5 pages.
Goal: To learn and understand more about a performance form that is not close to us; to consider its possible influences in your own work and in the work of others, here and now.
Rationale: Artists throughout the twentieth century to today have been inspired by other performance traditions. Learning about these helps us to understand theatre in contexts distant from our own, to recognize their conventions and significance. It also may inspire our own art and help us to understand the work of others: Brecht and Kunqu; Robert Wilson and Kabuki, Miley Cyrus and twerking…
Guiding Question: How is this a living, breathing form that can affect you today?
1) Choose a specific topic of investigation.
2) Formulate a research question that you seek to answer in your research.
3) Develop a clear and specific thesis to demonstrate in the course of the essay.
4) Incorporate research from at least 3 sources that include at least 1 scholarly article or book chapter and may include 1 video (you may look at other videos, but only 1 counts to your 3 required sources). These should all be cited in the body of the essay and documented, using MLA format in a Works Cited Page.
5) Develop an essay that supports the thesis and that shows how and why this performance form speaks to you, and by extension, to the class.
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.