A computerized tomography (CT) scan.
1. A computerized tomography (CT) scan shows the presence of a malignant tumor in a client. The health-care provider tells the nurse the tumor is of type grade III. Which appearance of the tumor does the nurse anticipate in the CT scan?
a. Moderately differentiated
b. Poorly differentiated
c. Well differentiated
d. Unable to be determined
2. Mr. Gillespie was diagnosed with stage I colon cancer that was treated successfully with surgery and chemotherapy. Mr. Gillespie says, “I got so tired during the chemo. My doctor said I was anemic. Did the chemo kill off my red blood cells too?”
a. chemotherapy inhibits the appetite and poor nutrition led to the death of the red blood cells
b. chemotherapy enhances the production of white blood cells at the expense of red blood cells
c. red blood cells are very similar to cancer cells and killed off by chemotherapy
d. chemotherapy inhibits bone marrow production of new red blood cells
3. All of the following can contribute to the development of cancer EXCEPT
a. free radicals
b. hereditary genetic mutations
c. bacterial infections
d. viral infections
4. All of the following paraneoplastic syndromes are associated with lung cancer EXCEPT
b. Cushing syndrome
c. Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone
5. A patient has metastatic cancer. Which of the following organs is not a common tissue for cancer metastasis?
6. Which of the following staging classifications would indicate a small tumor, with no lymph node involvement and no metastasis?
a. T1 N1 M1
b. T1 N1 M0
c. T0 N0 M0
d. T1 N1 M0
7. Match the following.
increasing the number of blood vessels
malignant epithelial cells
cancerous white blood cells
All types of papers including essays, college papers, research papers, theses, etc., and other custom-written materials which EssayTutorHub.com provides to the customers are exclusively for the purpose of assistance. All these texts are unique and can be further used with proper references only.